- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Supply Chain and Logisitics
- Band 5
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Unit D, Stephenson Way, Wakefield 41 Business Park, Wakefield, WF2 0XN
- £23,023 to £29,608 per annum, pro rata
- 19/08/2018 23:59
At Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) it is our Vision to be trusted as the best urgent and emergency care provider, with the best people and partnerships, delivering the best outcomes for patients. Our Purpose is to save lives and ensure everyone in our communities receives the right care, whenever and wherever they need it. In recent years we have demonstrated a strong track record of improving patient care across all of our services despite facing increasing challenges and demands. We believe a key part of this success is our willingness to look forward, anticipate change and adapt our services to better meet the needs of our patients. Our strategy sets out our ambitious plans for the future for both patients and staff.
The Procurement Department carry out specific strategic sourcing programmes for defined categories and provide effective management of the Trust procurement portfolios in line with Standing Financial Instructions, EU Procurement Directives and UK Legislation.
The Category Officer role will be responsible for the supply chain category. The post holder is expected to:
- Have specialist knowledge, such as working towards being CIPS qualified.
- Have practical experience in a procurement/contracting/supply chain environment.
- Have experience in public procurement.
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering cash releasing savings and experience of negotiating commercial contracts.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Have substantial knowledge in at least one area or category (Fleet, Estates, Consumables, etc.).
- Deliver a service that facilitates delivery of products and services on time and at the lowest ultimate cost whilst maintaining the highest level of probity, legislative and corporate compliance, and supports the delivery of patient care to the highest standard.
This is a full time post working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Part-time/compressed hours will be also considered.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Acting Head of Procurement & Logisitics
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01924 584004